ENDLESS POOL TRAINING
Endless Pools... Swimming Nowhere Fast!!
Swim as long and as far as you want - with no flip turns!
The Endless pool at AETT can be booked in 30 or 60 minute increments. One person swims at a time at their own determined pace and effort. The Endless Pool has a hydraulically driven current and propeller system that creates a smooth, even current that is wider than your body and deeper than your stroke. It is broad, deep and non-turbulent to create a smooth swimming experience.
The current speed is adjustable to suit any swimmer from beginner to elite. Swim sessions are done just as they are in a full-length pool - and to rest, just step to the left or right and you are in calm water!
Benefits of the Endless Pool:
- No longer the obstacles found in public pools - swim as long and as fast as you want to without having to worry about other people.
- Can be used any time during the open hours at AETT - No longer have to wait until the pool is open for public swimming
- Stroke analysis - The Endless Pool has an angled mirror on the side and a flat mirror on the bottom of the pool for stroke improvement. Monitor your own body alignment, hand entry, hip rotation, reaching, and catching! Use the mirror to correct your own swimming technique!
- Speed development - The Endless Pool can be used for speed development by setting the current to your desired pace for a specific distance. Swim intervals by stroke count for as long as you want, manipulate the speed for specific intervals, and if you flail or lose control just stand up, recover, and begin again!
- Learn how to control the water - Play with the speed and ease of your stroke to see how little effort you can put forth in order to maintain a specific position/speed.
- Balance Left and Right Arm Pull - Learn to swim in a straight line - In an Endless Pool you no longer have a line on the bottom of the pool to swim alongside. You are forced to exert equal amounts of force with each arm in order to stay in the middle of the pool! Aside from resisting muscle imbalances, you also learn how to swim in a straight line - so for triathletes or swimmers who do open water swimming, swimming straight comes naturally!
Murray Drudge and Andrew Jankowski are available for one-on-one stroke improvement sessions.
The Endless Pool at AETT can be booked for individual swim sessions OR coached sessions. It is included in all Absolute Endurance memberships and is also available for pay-by-use for non-members.
Call AETT at 416-483-2388 to book your time and for more information